January 2013 Expert tips for choosing and using livable colors
1. Choose your favorite color, but watch tht it's not too bright.
2. Choose colors based on the use of a room. For example
your kitchen & breakfast are morning rooms & can be
brighter versus your bedroom could be darker color.
3. Warm colors such as yellow, red & orange will help you
feel more energetic. Blue, gray & green will be more
calming on you.
4. Look at paint colors in the morning & then again at night.
Also put color strips near your furniture.
5. Avoid choosing really different colors when your rooms
open directly up to one another, or the space will look
choppy and small
6. Always sample paint colors. Especially when you are
painting the exterior of your home. Put sample colors
on a board so you can take it from from to room.
7. Chose the best paint yu can afford. Good paint has better
pigments and a better finish, will hold up longer, clean up.